Call: +255 754 666 115

Q: What is Motor Comprehensive?
A: This policy cover:
Accidental/Fire damage to your vehicle
Loss of vehicle or spare parts/accessories
Protection and removal after accident
Third party liabilities (Damage to property, death or bodily injury).
Riot and strike cover(non –political)
Medical expenses cover up to a stated limit(private cars only)
Authority to repair damage to vehicle up to a stated limit

Q: What is Motor Third Party?
A: This policy covers legal liability in respect of death of or bodily injury to any person and damage to the third party property

Q: What should I do when I get an accident?
Motor Claims:
Immediately Action
In event of any occurrence that may give rise to a claim: Insured must immediately notify MGen Insurance Company Limited and within 14 days of the occurrence present a claim in writing to the Insurance Company. In respect of the theft claims Notification must be within 48 hours of the occurrence
Notification must be made to the police immediately
All measures must be taken that can reasonably be seen to minimise the loss
No admissions of liability must be made to third parties. Instead all third party claims must be referred to MGen Tanzania Insurance Company Limited.
In the event of accident damage, the vehicle must be made available to MGen Tanzania
Insurance Company Limited as soon as possible after the accident.

Non Motor:
Immediately Action
Insured must immediately notify the Insurance Company and within 14 days of the occurrence, present a claim in writing. Notification must be made to the Police immediately in respect of theft and Break-Insurance.

Q: Which claims documents are needed?
Motor Claims:

  • Claim Form
  • Repair Quotation
  • Copy of Driving Licence
  • Copy of certificate of registration
  • Sketch Map
  • Vehicle Inspection Report
  • Police Report PF 90
  • Police Report PF 115
  • Charge sheet(Motor Third party Claim)
  • Court Judgement(Motor Third party Claim)
  • Original Certificate of Registration(Theft/Total loss claim)
  • Ignition keys (Theft/Total loss claim)

Non Motor Claims:

  • Claim Form
  • Police Report
  • Any other documents to support the claim

Q: Will my insurance compensate me in case of accident?
A: The compensation will be based on the terms and conditions as shown in the insurance contract

Q: What is excess and when does it apply?
A: This is the amount that is deducted from each and every claim and born by the insured. The excess will eliminate all claims equal to or less than the excess. The excess may be compulsory or voluntary in which instance the insured’s premium is discounted.

Q: When am I considered an experienced driver?
A: When insured has held a driving license and driven for more than 2 years.

Q: When am I considered young driver / older driver and how does it affect my policy?
A: You are considered to be young driver below the age of 25 years and an older driver if you are above the age of 65 years. This increases the excess amount on your policy.

Q: Is it possible to insure my spouse’s vehicle?
A: Yes, it is possible to insurer your spouse’s vehicle in your name or his/her name and you can also insurer it jointly if you have joint ownership of the vehicle.

Q: Is my motor policy extended to other countries?
A: No, however your policy can be extended to other countries at an additional premium at a specified period, usually per quarter.

Q: Does my motor policy cover riot?
A: Yes, but excludes political riot.

Q: What is contribution?
A: This is the amount that is deducted from a claim and is borne by the insured. This is usually applied on a claim involving old or wearable parts.

Q: What is premium?
A: This is the amount of money that a client pays to buy insurance.

Q: Who is a Third Party?
A: This is an individual or organisation that that joins into a claim between the insurance company and its client following a claim or accident.

Q: What is a Peril?
A: This is an insured event that leads to a claim. It cal be included or excluded from the policy depending on circumstances.

Q: What is Limit of Liability?
A: This is the maximum amount that can be paid in respect of a covered/insured event.

Q: What is betterment?
A: This is a situation where an old item (subject to wear and tear) is replaced with a new item.

Q: What is Sum Insured
A: This is the value or amount an insured item(s) is valued at.

Q: How do I get the latest information from MGen including salvage sales?
A: You can get the latest information of promotions, salvage sales and other offerings by joining our mailing list. That way, you will be up to date with what is going on. Be in the loop today.